Percy Johnson Memorial County Park
640 Lake View Rd.
Washington Island, WI 54246
Attraction, Parks & Nature Preserves, Open in Winter - Recreational Activities, County Parks, Parks
SummaryPercy Johnson Park is located on approximately five acres of land at 640 Lake View Road on the east side of Washington Island. The Park has a sand beach on Lake Michigan, and includes a picnic area, parking and restroom facilities.
Rules for all Door County Parks
· Parks are open ½ hour before sunrise to 11:00 PM unless otherwise posted at park.
· Vehicles must park in designated areas only.
· Camping and overnight parking are prohibited.
· Vehicle speed limit is 25 MPH on park roads.
· Dogs must be leashed at all times.
· No lifeguard on duty – Swim at your own risk.
· Glass containers not allowed in parks.
· Use snowmobiles on marked trails only.
· Most wild animals and plants are protected.
· Use of firearms is prohibited except as noted below.
· Gun and/or Bow hunting is permitted in certain parks from November 15th thru April 1st during legal DNR hunting seasons.. A permit is required from the Facilities & Parks Department.