Baileys Harbor Range Lights
These range lights were used for 100 years, between 1869 and 1969, and automated in 1923, to safely navigate boats into Baileys Harbor. When the upper and lower lights were parallel to each other, sailors know they were in safe water. The lights were removed from service in 1969 and replaced with a directional light atop a 31-foot tower on the shore. In 1993, the Ridges Sanctuary restored both range lights. The grounds of the range light structures are open to the public, but the structures themselves are not. For more information, click here.