5360 Schauer Rd.
Jacksonport , WI 54235
Activities & Attractions
SummaryAcquired by the County of Door in 1943, this 19 acres of scenic beauty is open to the public until 11 pm daily. Well-known for its wave-worn limestone ledges, underwater caves and stirring view of Lake Michigan, the park is a popular attraction for residents and visitors alike. Fishermen, skilled scuba divers, photography buffs, and nature observers find the park a great delight. Facilities include picnic tables, cooking grills, fire rings, a well, toilets, parking space for twenty-five cars, and 900 feet of shoreline and ½ mile trail that links up with several miles of trails in the adjacent State Park. In 1997, the road through the park was blacktopped and the shore and circle trails were graveled. Restrooms were replaced in 2002 and solar powered lighting was installed. A historical sign describing the history of the formation of Cave Point was installed in 2003. Whitefish Dunes State Park borders the park on three sides.
Hours/AvailabilityOpen 1/2 Hour before sunrise to 11pm.
Rules for all Door County Parks
· Parks are open ½ hour before sunrise to 11:00 PM unless otherwise posted at park.
· Vehicles must park in designated areas only.
· Camping and overnight parking are prohibited.
· Vehicle speed limit is 25 MPH on park roads.
· Dogs must be leashed at all times.
· No lifeguard on duty – Swim at your own risk.
· Glass containers not allowed in parks.
· Use snowmobiles on marked trails only.
· Most wild animals and plants are protected.
· Use of firearms is prohibited except as noted below.
· Gun and/or Bow hunting is permitted in certain parks from November 15th thru April 1st during legal DNR hunting seasons.. A permit is required from the Facilities & Parks Department.