Romance is in
the fresh air
Give the greatest gift of all time
A Door County romantic getaway is truly that — a break from the norm, allowing you to disconnect from your everyday lives and reconnect with each other. Spend your days treating yourselves at a spa, shopping, or visiting wineries and breweries. Enjoy upscale dining and spend your nights close to the one you love in cozy and intimate lodging.
Door to Romance
If you’re looking for the perfect place for a romantic getaway, your search won’t take long. The communities of Door County offer everything from cozy, intimate bed and breakfasts and inns to modern, full-service resorts to pamper the two of you.
If you need ideas to help you plan your romantic getaway, get inspired with these tips for a romantic winter getaway.
Wineries, Breweries, and Craft Cocktails
Door County is home to seven wineries, two breweries, one cider mill, and a distillery as well. A winter visit is a great opportunity to sample hand-crafted beer, wine, and spirits, and meet the locals making them. Stop in for a tasting of your choosing, or join a tour and leave the planning to the experts.
The cocktails scene is growing on the peninsula as well. Check out this list of great cocktail experiences in Door County and find a place for the two of you.
Old fashioned supper clubs, fireside tables, or nationally renowned fine dining establishments, whatever your vision of a romantic dinner, you can find it in Door County. Visit our dining guide and filter by style to hone in on exactly the experience you’re looking for.
Romantic Door County Picnic Spots
Sometimes romance is as simple as a secluded picnic with just you, your special someone, and the natural splendor of Door County. Even in the heart of the tourist season you can escape to these seven nooks and share that splendor with just the two of you.
- Ellison Bluff Overlook, Ellison Bay. Found at the end of a long gravel road, this overlook offers Door County’s most underrated view from atop the Niagara Escarpment.
- Weborg Point, Peninsula State Park. Even in Peninsula State Park one can find a spot of their own. Weborg Point offers views of the village of Fish Creek (and grills if you need ‘em).
- Sunset Park, Sturgeon Bay. On the edge of the city, this park offers views across the bay of Potawatomi State Park and beautiful sunsets.
- Rock Island Beach, Rock Island State Park. This is no quick trip, but it’s worth it. Take the ferry, find a campsite, then enjoy a picnic on Door County’s most remote sand beach.
- Schoolhouse Beach, Washington Island. A beach of soft, bright white stones unlike any other in the county.
- Sand Bay, Ellison Bay. Off the beaten path on the Lake Michigan shore, this small County Park is rarely crowded.
- Lighthouses. Lighthouses have been central to the identity of Door County for more than 150 years and these architectural and historic gems continue to capture imaginations today. Pack a lunch and head to one of these gems to dine with a majestic, historic backdrop.
Two are better than one
Find popular Door County spots to fan love's flame.
- A Sunset Beach Park
- B Mountain Park & Lookout Tower
- C Champage Rock
- D Door Bluff County Park
- F Schoolhouse Beach
Locations suggested by Door County locals.