Have an Event to Promote?
We're always excited to hear about and help promote events that bring new faces to the Door County area. The DoorCounty.com website can be a valuable tool to reach your ideal audience. Our calendar of events provides event information across all of our communities to help bring tourism to the area. Read through our guidelines below and submit your event to be featured on our site*.
The objective of the calendar of events is to bring visitors to Door County! Its function is to inform potential visitors of all the exciting things to do around the county. The calendar is full of visitor-centric events and is intended to assist in growing the tourism and hospitality industry, helping visitors plan trips to our region and increasing the economic impact from those trips. The goal is to present a positive profile and image of Door County and showcase the great entertainment, festivals and events in the area. Please take a moment to read our event submission guidelines below.
- Events must be open to the public - free or ticketed
- Events must present visitors the opportunity to experience hospitality; heritage; culture; cuisine; concerts; theater; museum/art exhibitions; seasonal happenings; and festivals taking place in Door County.
- Events must be safe and meet all county permit guidelines (if applicable)
- Non-eligible events include:
- fundraising and donation appeals
- political events and rallies
- networking or business training events (such as chamber meetings, award banquets and socials)
- job fairs
- public hearings
- religious services
- retail store discounts
- special offers or happy hours
- summer camps or long term classes
- events deemed not to be tourism-related.
- The following special events may be considered if enough additional activities/elements are included:
- retail events/open houses (may include entertainment, music, tastings, guest appearances, signings and/or demos)
- special dining events (wine or chef's dinners, holiday meals with entertainment)
- one or consecutive two-day classes or tours
- special community-wide sales events or multi-vendor markets
- admission that is waived for an activity or attraction that occurs for 1-4 days
*Destination Door County reserves the right to accept or reject a submitted event for any reason.