Vineyards, Grapevines, & Wineries Galore
Wisconsin may be most famous for its beer and brandy, but its wine-making scene has been expanding rapidly, and Door County has been a hub of this action. From winery tours and wine festivals to restaurants embracing local-wine programs, the region’s fruit and cherry wines can be found around every corner.
5 Ways to Experience Door County Wine
With many active wineries, plentiful tasting rooms, famous cherry and fruit wines, and a small-but-mighty wine culture, Door County is the ultimate Wisconsin wine destination.
- Take a Winery Tour: Take a Door County winery tour to get a behind-the-scenes look at how local wines are made.
- Traverse the Door County Wine Trail: Hop a trolley and travel along the Door County Wine Trail to experience some of the best wineries in Wisconsin.
- Visit an Orchard or Farm: Visit local orchards or farms and see how local producers grow and care for the grapes, cherries, and other fruits used in Door County wines.
- Have a Picnic in the Park: Grab a bottle or two, some local cheeses and snacks, and your favorite people and head outdoors for an afternoon of wine and sun.
- Check Out the Wine Fest: The annual wine fest is a beloved summertime event. Sample wines from local wineries, enjoy food pairings, and socialize with fellow wine-lovers.
Bar None: Where to Find the Best Wine and CocktailsIn need of a glass or a pint? Here's a collection of some of the county's best pubs, taverns, breweries, corner bars, and drinking holes.
World-Class Wine, Food, & ServiceDoor County’s bustling dining scene is on the up, and carefully crafted wine pairings are a huge part of that. Take your wine tasting to the next level with carefully crafted food pairings at fine dining restaurants.
Explore Similar Businesses
Explore Wine Stores
Explore Wine in Door County
Wine Time in Door County