Articles x Stories
Please log In to view your favorite articles.
Nothing beats a beautiful summer beach day in Door County, but a little rain shouldn't dampen your spirits. In fact, rain days are great ways to force yourself to explore sides of the Door you've long ignored.
Here are some of our favorite activities for rainy days with the kids in Door County.
1.Make art. Peninsula School of Art, Hands-on Art Studio or Door County Candle Company are amazing locations to create with your children. Take an art class at the school of art, or let your creativity run wild at Hands On and paint ceramic mugs, tiles, or other items.
2. Head to the Kress Pavilion in Egg Harbor. This magnificent new building constructed in 2018 has a great selection of kids games and books and a special room just for young children. Upstairs kids can explore the great room with views of Egg Harbor and the orchards up the hill.
3. Experience the outdoors indoors. Travel to the Nature Center in Peninsula State Park to make crafts and plan a hike using their awesome light-up map. Be sure to ask about the scavenger hunt as well.
4. Spoil yourself. Use the scenic back roads of the county as you crisscross from town to town visiting candy and ice-cream shops, shopping, and local restaurants.
5. Take a trolley ride. Choose from the available tour options, see the county, learn something unique, and stay dry.
6. Go bowling! The Sister Bay Bowl offers a classic midwestern experience in a throwback atmosphere. Learn to score your own game in an alley that dates to the 1950s and remains one of the most popular destinations in the county.
7. DIY. Yup, Door County has become a DIY destination. In addition to the aforementioned Hands On Art Studio, you can check out two great stops in Ephraim - Clink! and Reclaimed. Each offers unique projects, sign-making, arts, and more in a relaxed, family-fun setting.
Sign up for Door County's monthly newsletter and receive vacation itineraries, travel tips and ideas, event announcements and exclusive giveaways in your inbox.
Thinking of visiting ? Use the Trip Planner to track all the businesses, activities, and events that interest you.Plan My Trip