Buttermilk Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
1 recipe pie dough for a 9-inch pie (see link below)
15 ounces of pumpkin puree or One 15-oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
A tiny pinch of ground clove
2 Tbsp bourbon whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie dough, place in the pan, and crimp or flute edges. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge while you make the filling.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until they are light-colored and fluffy.
- Stir in the pumpkin, buttermilk, white and brown sugars, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and bourbon whiskey and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the filling into the dough-lined pie pan. Place in the hot oven and turn down immediately to 375 degrees F. Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and set on a rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Savory Spoon Cooking School