Meridian Park is located on approximately 92 acres of land at 6799 State Highway 57 between the communities of Jacksonport and Baileys Harbor. A wayside located on the south end of Meridian Park is located close to the 45th parallel which is halfway between the equator and North Pole. As well as the wayside that contains the picnic area, parking and restroom facilities, the park has natural trails for your hiking enjoyment. Harter-Matter Sanctuary is a forty-acre parcel that borders the Park to the north and STH 57 is the Parks southern limits.
Categories: Attraction, Hiking, Parks, County Parks
Rules for all Door County Parks
· Parks are open ½ hour before sunrise to 11:00 PM unless otherwise posted at park.
· Vehicles must park in designated areas only.
· Camping and overnight parking are prohibited.
· Vehicle speed limit is 25 MPH on park roads.
· Dogs must be leashed at all times.
· No lifeguard on duty – Swim at your own risk.
· Glass containers not allowed in parks.
· Use snowmobiles on marked trails only.
· Most wild animals and plants are protected.
· Use of firearms is prohibited except as noted below.
· Gun and/or Bow hunting is permitted in certain parks from November 15th thru April 1st during legal DNR hunting seasons.. A permit is required from the Facilities & Parks Department.
I:119 W:14 S:0 R:0