Articles x Stories
Please log In to view your favorite articles.
Meridian Park is located on approximately 92 acres of land at 6799 State Highway 57 between the communities of Jacksonport and Baileys Harbor. A wayside located on the south end of Meridian Park is located close to the 45th parallel which is halfway between the equator and North Pole. As well as the wayside that contains the picnic area, parking and restroom facilities, the park has natural trails for your hiking enjoyment. Harter-Matter Sanctuary is a forty-acre parcel that borders the Park to the north and STH 57 is the Park’s southern limits.
Categories: Attraction, Hiking, Parks
RULES FOR ALL DOOR COUNTY PARKS
1. Parks are open ½ hour before sunrise to 11 PM.
2. Use of a County Boat Launch site after hours for the sole purpose of water access is permitted.
3. Vehicles must park in designated areas only.
4. Camping and overnight parking are prohibited.
5. Vehicle speed limit is 25 MPH on park roads.
6. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
7. No lifeguard on duty – Swim at your own risk.
8. Glass containers not allowed in parks.
9. Use snowmobiles on marked trails only.
10. Most wild animals and plants are protected.
11. Use of firearms is prohibited except as noted below.
12. Deer hunting is permitted after November 15th in certain parks. A permission slip is required and can be obtained from the Parks Department (920) 746-9959.
I:24 W:2 S:0 R:0
Sign up for Door County's monthly newsletter and receive vacation itineraries, travel tips and ideas, event announcements, and exclusive giveaways in your inbox.