Top 5 off the Beaten path Photography Ideas
- Southern Door County is a great location for rural farmscapes, farm animal captures and Belgian themed historical architecture shots.
- Rock Island State Park offers a wide variety of natural and architectural subject matter in its remote location.
- Crossroads at Big Creek in Sturgeon Bay is a local favorite that has hiking trails and a Historical Village on the grounds with beautifully tended gardens. The Leif Everson observatory is also along the south border of this area on Utah Street and is another unique structure to photograph.
- Land Trust preserve trails are located in various locations from southern to northern Door County for nature and wildlife lovers.
- Just get in the car and drive the less traveled roads off main highways. Look for roads marked with the brown "Rustic Road" marker as these are usually have very scenic points of interest along the way.