Top 5 Fall-tography Tips
- The fall color report for most recent status of the foliage in Door County can be found here.
- The best lighting for the more saturated colors of fall is usually the early or late day sun, cloudy or gray days. Avoid bright, mid-day sun for best exposure purposes.
- Bring appropriate gear for the conditions. Layers that can removed, as temperatures can vary greatly even within the day. Early mornings or evenings may also require hat and mittens.
- The top fall photography capture award has to go to the curvy road to the Northport ferry dock. Although a bit of a haul to reach, this image is a must for any Door County fall portfolio.
- This is the best time of year for capturing a family or individual portrait; maybe for the yearly Christmas card that is sent out. All that is needed is a camera with a timer or shutter release and tripod and you are set to go. The locations to take these are endless as long as they are not privately owned. Popular spots include Cave Point and many of the state parks and lands.