Top 5 Safety Tips for Walking your Dog
- Run/Walk facing traffic so that you can prepare your dog for approaching vehicles and take evasive action if necessary. This is especially important if you run with earbuds and music.
- Keep your dog on the side of you closet to the ditch and farthest away from oncoming traffic.
- Wear bright or reflective colors if you are walking/running on roads or even trails with other traffic such as bikes or ATVs.
- Consider the weather and adjust the length and time of day accordingly. Either too hot or too cold can be a problem.
- In cold and/or icy conditions consider a product like Musher’s Secret which is applied to paws for protection from ice, salt…