Articles x Stories
Please log In to view your favorite articles.
1. Keep your dog on a leash when meeting new dogs until you are sure everyone gets along and will play nice. Remember, you can only control YOUR dog.
2. Your safety and the safety of your dog should be your #1 priority. It doesn’t matter who is “right” -- if you feel the situation isn’t safe, LEAVE.
3. You can meet a lot of great people at the dog park but remember, watching your dogs and keeping them safe is your #1 job. Beware of getting distracted.
4. Bring water and something your dog can drink from. Many dog parks do not have water available and sharing dishes is not recommended.
5. Carry a dry towel, and a wet hand towel in a gallon zip bag, to clean muddy paws or dry a wet dog.
Sign up for Door County's monthly newsletter and receive vacation itineraries, travel tips and ideas, event announcements and exclusive giveaways in your inbox.
Thinking of visiting ? Use the Trip Planner to track all the businesses, activities, and events that interest you.Plan My Trip