Top 5 Insider Tips on Door County’s Dog Parks
1. Keep your dog on a leash when meeting new dogs until you are sure everyone gets along and will play nice. Remember, you can only control YOUR dog.
2. Your safety and the safety of your dog should be your #1 priority. It doesn’t matter who is “right” -- if you feel the situation isn’t safe, LEAVE.
3. You can meet a lot of great people at the dog park but remember, watching your dogs and keeping them safe is your #1 job. Beware of getting distracted.
4. Bring water and something your dog can drink from. Many dog parks do not have water available and sharing dishes is not recommended.
5. Carry a dry towel, and a wet hand towel in a gallon zip bag, to clean muddy paws or dry a wet dog.