Top 5 Memorable Moments on the Door County Half Marathon Course
1. The first rolling hill at about 2.5 miles. It’s nothing too crazy but it is a precursor of what’s to come.
2. The first significant incline occurs just before mile 5. It’s a doozy and it peaks at 745 feet above sea level, which is the highest point of the course.
3. Miles 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. These are what stamina was made for. You’ll want to quit but the amazing views of Green Bay and Tennison Bay will keep you going.
4. Mile 10. This is the descent you’ve been waiting for. You will come down the hill and into the final stretch.
5. The Finish Line. Whether a personal record or your first time finishing 13.1 miles, we all feel the same about crossing this threshold!