Top 5 Door County Cherry Inspired Highlights
- Ballantine cherries are available at several orchards around the county including Lautenbach’s Orchard Country Winery & Market in Fish Creek and Koepsel’s Farm Market in Baileys Harbor.
- Pick your own cherries may be harder to find but there are still a handful of places that do it including Zettel Farms in Baileys Harbor.
- If you’re looking for all things cherry, mark your calendar for Cherry Fest in Jacksonport on the first Saturday in August every year. Historical display, fine arts & crafts, cherry based foods, music, family fun, car show and more!
- The peak harvest season for cherries is mid July to the first week of August. If you plan on getting fresh ones, since those are the ones you use for bounce, plan your vacation around these dates.
- Did you know that Seaquist Orchards, the largest of the farm market growers, has over 950 acres of tart cherries, 15 acres of sweet cherry orchards and they are still expanding? That’s a lot of bounce!
For a full list of Farmers Markets, click here.