Top 5 Best Inland Fishing Spots in Door County
- Kangaroo Lake, Baileys Harbor A prime spot for pan fish including blue gills & pumpkinseed, rock, large and small mouth bass, yellow perch, northern, garr, bowfin, rainbow trout, carp, long nose & white suckers, bull head, and walleyes.
- Europe Lake, Ellison Bay Located in northern Door, this shallow lake is loaded with northern (26” average), blue gills, small mouth bass & walleyes.
- Clark’s Lake, Jacksonport Near Cave Point & Whitefish Dunes State Park, this warm lake has awesome pan fish, large and small mouth bass, trout and walleyes.
- Mink River, Ellison Bay Although this is immediately connected to Lake Michigan through Rowleys Bay, this estuary has awesome catfish, pan fish, bass, musky, northern, trout, walleye, bullhead, whitefish, sturgeon, paddlefish, rock bass, rough fish, ruffe, shovelnose and white perch.
- Sturgeon Bay Canal The protected waters of the canal have become one of the most popular fishing spots in Wisconsin and the county and is hosting the Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship this fall.