Top 5 Places to Get Your Groove On in the Summer
- Breweries & Wineries How better to enjoy fine wine and beer than with background music? Many breweries and wineries invite musicians to set up in their tasting rooms for daytime or evening concerts. Rarely charging a cover, these intimate shows are a great way to get to know local talent.
- Performing Arts Venues There are several venues throughout the county offering impressive lists of performers each season. Performances range from classical to rock to bluegrass and everything in between.
- Concerts In the Park Most of the Door communities boast an outdoor concert series at least one night a week during the summer. Don’t forget your lawn chair, blanket and picnic supper! Check each community’s web page or the Calendar of Events.
- Small Music Venues (Read: Bars and Restaurants) Memorial Day through Labor Day it is possible to see live music nearly any night of the week. Usually eating and drinking establishments feature local musicians. A few places have outdoor stages, so revelers can watch the concert under the stars. Most small venues don’t charge a fee.
- Coffee Shops If you have a strict bedtime, catch tunes during the day instead. Many cafes feature free afternoon or early evening shows. Usually acoustic and melodic, afternoon concerts are a fabulous rainy day distraction.