Top 5 Laid-Back Door County Dinner Dates
1. Fine Pubbing In true Wisconsin form, Door County has a menagerie of small, quirky taverns with their own grills. Frequently pubs on the peninsula feature local beef, brews, and house-made pizzas. Sidle into one that strikes your fancy, and find some privacy in a back booth.
2. Tapas Spanish for “snacks,” tapas-style dining has arrived in the Door. Many restaurants offer a “Small Plates” menu. Smaller portions mean you can plan your dinner with your darling and taste and trade the evening away.
3. Pizza To-Go Thank goodness for take out! Door County pizzerias are popular and bustling, so have your pie and eat it too: at home with your sweetie pie! Don’t forget to pick up a six-pack of local brew to wash it down.
4. Fish Boil In the summer season, nearly every town has at least one fish boil. Most restaurants present their open-fire fish boils in two acts: entertainment and eating. They fill up quickly, so be sure make a reservation.
5. Dessert After a scrumptious meal, head for a nearby ice creamery. Frozen sweets on the peninsula are anything but ordinary; expect ingredients and flavors you’ve never tried before. Make sure your sugar orders a different variety so you can trade licks. Time your dessert right so you can stroll along the bay shore and watch the sunset as you slurp.