Articles x Stories
Please log In to view your favorite articles.
1. Fine Pubbing In true Wisconsin form, Door County has a menagerie of small, quirky taverns with their own grills. Frequently pubs on the peninsula feature local beef, brews, and house-made pizzas. Sidle into one that strikes your fancy, and find some privacy in a back booth.
2. Tapas Spanish for “snacks,” tapas-style dining has arrived in the Door. Many restaurants offer a “Small Plates” menu. Smaller portions mean you can plan your dinner with your darling and taste and trade the evening away.
3. Pizza To-Go Thank goodness for take out! Door County pizzerias are popular and bustling, so have your pie and eat it too: at home with your sweetie pie! Don’t forget to pick up a six-pack of local brew to wash it down.
4. Fish Boil In the summer season, nearly every town has at least one fish boil. Most restaurants present their open-fire fish boils in two acts: entertainment and eating. They fill up quickly, so be sure make a reservation.
5. Dessert After a scrumptious meal, head for a nearby ice creamery. Frozen sweets on the peninsula are anything but ordinary; expect ingredients and flavors you’ve never tried before. Make sure your sugar orders a different variety so you can trade licks. Time your dessert right so you can stroll along the bay shore and watch the sunset as you slurp.
Sign up for Door County's monthly newsletter and receive vacation itineraries, travel tips and ideas, event announcements, and exclusive giveaways in your inbox.