Top 5 Game Day Snacks in Door County
- Cheese Curds, of course! I prefer these Wisconsin staples battered and fried, but they’re also good breaded. A few places even serve them deliciously fresh and squeaky. Branch out and try goat cheese curds.
- Chili, piping hot and hearty is the quickest meal I know to warm me through. Heavy on the meat and always homemade, chili, with or without noodles, is popular game day fare.
- Pretzels, soft and hand-shaped, grace more than one Door County menu. What I find exciting about this German-inspired snack are the delicious liberties restaurateurs have taken with dipping sauces.
- Pizza, usually homemade, has found its way onto many pub menus. Pizza is versatile and great for sharing, making it an ideal game day food.
- A Bloody Mary is my favorite beverage when what I really want is a snack and a drink. Every bartender has their own recipe, and Bloody Marys are usually piled high with pickled and smoked bites. Be sure to ask for a local brew as a chaser.