5 Tips for Enjoying Outdoor Music This Summer
Did you know that during the summer season there are free concerts offered six days a week in Door County? That’s a whole lot of free music to enjoy! See the full schedule.
Before you go, here are five tips to help you maximize your concert-going experiences this summer:
- Bring the Whole Family! (Including the Pup) Door County’s summer series of Concerts in the Park are the perfect occasions for the whole family to get together, including dogs! The featured music is always family-friendly and the open spaces allow lots of room to stretch your legs if anyone gets antsy. If you do bring Spot, be prepared for lots of extra attention from animal-lovers big and small.
- Dress the Part. Check the forecast before leaving the house to make sure you have the appropriate clothing. If the concert is during the day, sunglasses or a hat will keep you cool and prevent too much sun exposure. If you are attending a concert near evening, it is always a good idea to have extra layers along since temps cool quickly once the sun has set. If rain is in the forecast, most events have alternate indoor locations.
- Pack a Picnic & Bring the Cooler. Snacks and drinks are welcomed! Bring along a picnic basket of finger foods or pack a sandwich to make it mealtime. Or, keep things simple and bring cash to buy from vendors who are on hand to provide popcorn, cold beer and more.
- Be a Good Neighbor. There are some basic rules to follow – remember to take any trash with you when you leave and be considerate of others and the surrounding environment. If you truly enjoyed the event, remember to thank the sponsors who help organize these fun and free community events!
- Don’t Resist the Urge to Groove. At some point during the concert, you may get the urge to jump up and do a little dance. This activity is highly encouraged. Grab a friend and boogie on down!
Search for upcoming outdoor music events here: http://www.doorcounty.com/experience/music
Or, see the schedule by location:
Mondays: Ephraim *drinks prohibited
Tuesdays: Fish Creek
Wednesdays: Sturgeon Bay
Thursdays & Sundays: Egg Harbor
Fridays: Bailey’s Harbor
Saturdays: Sister Bay