Top 5 Things to Consider When Planning Your Girls Getaway
- Choose a Central Location On a map, each town and village don’t seem very far away, but when deciding on activities and where to lodge, keep in mind the time needed when driving up and down and across the peninsula. Luckily, no matter where you choose, there are more than enough activities to keep you occupied all weekend.
- Consider Choosing Multiple Modes of Transportation Door County is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places in Wisconsin (and the Midwest) so limit your time spent in the car by planning to rent bikes, mopeds or even traveling by kayak!
- Check Your Events Calendar During summer season, there is always something spectacular happening around the peninsula. Check the events calendar to see what you may want to partake in before you go!
- Go With the Local Options Door County is unique in that it limits national chain businesses, allowing local small businesses and establishments to thrive. This is what makes this place so special, so make sure you take advantage and always choose to support a local brand! Whether it is beer, wine, souvenirs or art, there is a lot to offer.
- Pack Accordingly When headed out of town from mid-state, I always forget that when you get lakeside, temperatures often vary considerably. It can be swim suit weather at lunch, but sweatshirt weather at sundown. Make sure you bring a variety of clothing for a range of temperatures!