Top 5 Tips for Dining in Door County Style
- Ask a local. The folks who work in the hotels, shops, markets and galleries know where the good food is, and they are happy to make recommendations and help you find what you’re looking for.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. Some restaurants have more, shall we say, “curb appeal,” than others. If you’ve chosen a restaurant based on its menu, specialties, or a tip from a resident, go in and try it!
- Call ahead. Open times and dates can change, so can specials. It’s also a good idea to make a reservation if the restaurant takes them. Why wait if you don’t have to.
- Be on the lookout for local ingredients on menus to experience true local flavor. Or ask your server if the vegetables, meat, etc. come from Door County. Just don’t go all Portlandia on him/her!
- Try it! Vacation is a time for adventure and new experiences, so branch out from your usual orders. Chances are, you’ll find a new favorite and make a great memory!