Top 5 Door County Spots to Show off your Style
- Beaches: A summer day beside the water is a popular Door County activity. Ahhh, sand and sun! You can find beautiful beaches from Sunset Park in Sturgeon Bay all the way up to Schoolhouse Park on Washington Island. Grab that cute new swimsuit, a colorful beach towel and a big tote filled with all the essentials: sunscreen, water toys, snacks and beverages, and you’re set for fun. For more information and directions to our beaches, check out www.doorcounty.com/experience/scenic-attractions/beaches
- Parks: Door County’s legendary parks are in their full natural glory in the summer season. You will want to explore them, whether your thing is driving, golfing, biking, camping or hiking. Comfy shoes are a must, along with lightweight pants or shorts, tshirt and summer sweater or jacket. Peninsula State Park is a sentimental favorite for our family (the first Door County park we visited), and it’s a doozie! Pen Park offers spectacular bluff views of the water and islands, fantastic hiking and biking trails, Nicolet Bay beach, the historic Eagle Bluff lighthouse, great camping, golf, and a theater (Northern Sky Theater) right in the park! Go to www.doorcounty.com/experience/scenic-attractions/parks for a full listing of parks and their amenities.
- Outdoor Concerts: You can enjoy a tremendous variety of music at free al fresco concerts in Door County towns and villages. Our communities program outdoor entertainment all summer long, and you can take one in almost every day of the week. Day or evening, don a comfortable and festive outfit, bring a blanket or portable chairs, and, of course, shoes ready for dancing are a must! Find a schedule of outdoor concerts here.
- Farmers Markets: Fresh vegetables are in abundance at Door County markets, but that’s not all. You can choose from fruit, artwork, handmade jewelry, baked goods, flowers, sausage, soaps, and more when you stroll through a market. Be a stylish and cool (especially on a hot summer day!) shopper in a sundress or cropped jeans and tank, tote bag and sandals meant for lots of browsing. Get a complete list of farmer’s markets at www.doorcounty.com/experience/farmers-markets.
- Galleries: Door County has a long and storied history as an artists’ enclave, and galleries are growing and vibrant today. You won’t have enough time to see them all, but when you do go gallery hopping, wear your most creative garb! And bring a big tote to stash all the treasures you will find. Hint: many galleries have openings on a regular basis all season long. If you can catch an opening, you will likely have an exclusive chance to meet the artists, enjoy a reception, and have an experience you won’t forget. Dress up for openings; a pretty skirt and top or a casual summer dress are perfect. For all the artsy details, go to www.doorcounty.com/experience/arts-culture/arts-finder.