Articles x Stories
Please log In to view your favorite articles.
1. Be spontaneous. It seems as if the more I try to plan an experience, the less it actually pans out.
2. Keep it simple. Allow the imagination of a child to be the guide on a hike or ski.
3. Break the routine. Find ways to incorporate small adventures into the normal way of doing things.
4. Create an adventure. Make the experience about a winter picnic, or looking for animals. I’ve found that doing so focuses my son and we don’t get caught chasing the dog around the house and never get a chance to leave.
5. Make time. Yes, obligations, responsibilities, to-do’s steer our lives. Forget about them for a bit, plan a simple overnight or day trip and your family will be better off for it.
Sign up for Door County's monthly newsletter and receive vacation itineraries, travel tips and ideas, event announcements and exclusive giveaways in your inbox.
Thinking of visiting ? Use the Trip Planner to track all the businesses, activities, and events that interest you.