Top 5 Insider Tips on Inspiring Winter Adventure in Kids
1. Be spontaneous. It seems as if the more I try to plan an experience, the less it actually pans out.
2. Keep it simple. Allow the imagination of a child to be the guide on a hike or ski.
3. Break the routine. Find ways to incorporate small adventures into the normal way of doing things.
4. Create an adventure. Make the experience about a winter picnic, or looking for animals. I’ve found that doing so focuses my son and we don’t get caught chasing the dog around the house and never get a chance to leave.
5. Make time. Yes, obligations, responsibilities, to-do’s steer our lives. Forget about them for a bit, plan a simple overnight or day trip and your family will be better off for it.