Top 5 Insider Tips on Educational Family Activities
- Fruit Picking. Pick cherries and apples, enjoy the beauty of an orchard, see how things grow, and appreciate where our food comes from.
- Sailing Tour. See the peninsula from the water and learn the basics of sailing at the same time.
- Theatre. Choose among the several theatre opportunities and attend a performance put on by our local thespians.
- Music. It’s rare for a Door County summer day to go by without some sort of live (usually outdoor) musical performance. Check the local paper for a listing of performances and venues.
- Geocaching. This has become a favorite activity of ours this summer (though we call it ‘treasure hunting’). Download the geocaching app, and explore some places off the tourist trail.