Top 5 Educational Excursions in Door County
- Ridges. Hike on your own, take a guided tour, or even enroll your child in a week-long summer camp. The opportunities abound on this beautiful piece of land.
- Cave Point. Enjoy the natural beauty of this place while observing nature at work as the lake relentlessly pummels the shore creating a cavernous natural landscape.
- Peninsula State Park Nature Center. Explore the Nature Center and be sure to inquire about the scavenger hunt. It’s a fun way to explore, learn, and spend one’s day.
- Animal petting farms. Check out the animal farms designed for children to learn and experience life on a farm and the animal world. These happen to be a personal favorite of ours, as we have season passes to both.
- Making art. Be it a camp at the Peninsula Art school, or a stop at Hands On, the opportunities abound to expose your child’s creative side.