Top 5 Activities Involving Door County History
- Take the trolley. Choose from a variety of tours that incorporate Door County history in a unique and fun way. I look forward to when my child is old enough to handle the ghost tour.
- Explore Peninsula State Park and read about the old summer camps, visit headstones over a century old, and imagine the CCC work camps from the Depression Era.
- Cherry Picking – not only does this activity evoke a sense of the economic foundation of the peninsula, but one can also discuss the fact that German POW’s once populated our cherry orchards during WWII.
- Stroll Cottage Row. Grab a coffee or some breakfast in Fish Creek and make your way to this historical road to see the grand ‘cottages’ that line the Green Bay shore. It’s about a two mile walk to the end and back.
- Rock Island. It is more than worth the effort to travel to Rock Island and see the historical lighthouse and boathouse on this island park.