Top 5 Reasons to Venture to the Islands
- Stay at the same place by the same restaurants each time you visit the Door? Washington Island will please your pallet with it's range of restaurants scattered through town.
- Quieter beaches. A small on-island population and less tourist traffic than many mainland Door County communities, Washington & Rock Island beaches are a bit more relaxed and open than some of the more popular beaches on the peninsula.
- Rich history. The famous Death's Door, longest operating pub in Wisconsin, Pottawatomie Lighthouse, ferries, and museums all combine to create a rich history on the islands. Come experience it for yourself!
- Pedal pleaser. For those who like to bike, taking your bicycle across on the ferry is a less expensive, greener way to explore. Washington island is very bike accessible and is a perfect spot for those who want to get a ride and tour into their day.
- Fun boat rides. Great for kids, the ferries in themselves are fun to ride. Trips to and from both islands offer unique views and a taste of the lake waves.