Top 5 New Foods to Try Around the Campfire
- Tacos - The cast iron pan in your camping kit doubles as a great tortilla warmer. Warm the pan over the fire and throw tortillas on it until everyone's bellies are full. A easy, great campfire meal that you can do most of your preparation for at home. The smokiness of the fire adds great taste to this Tuesday night classic!
- Pancakes - One of our family's favorites when camping in Door County, warm blueberry pancakes cooked in a bit of bacon grease were always a staple at our family camping trips. Another one-pan meal that's sure to please!
- Pizza - All the rave, fire-roasted pizzas are delicious for your first night camping. Pick up a take and bake or make your own!
- Hoboes - My mom's concoction, tinfoil pockets stuffed with ground beef, fresh veggies, and spices of your choosing. Seal it up with a pad of butter and let it roast on the fire for about an hour. When it's done, the warm, toasty veggies and meat inside are juicy and cooked to perfection!
- Peanut Butter Cup S'mores - Come dessert time, instead of the typical piece of chocolate for a s'more, replace it with a peanut butter cup! Best thing you'll taste all year.