Season of Blossoms
April 7 – June 3, 2018
2017 Promotion is closed - check back later for information on the 2018 promotion and lodging packages.
The landscape of Door County comes alive in spring, and you can celebrate the splendor with us April 8th through June 4th.
It’s our Season of Blossoms celebration, when gardens and wildflowers come to life, restaurants and shops open for the season, and of course, cherry and apple trees blossom in spectacular fashion.
Relax and refresh after the long winter; breathe in the spring air and enjoy spectacular sunsets all along the peninsula’s western coast. While you’re here, learn about the county’s unique maritime history. Stop by studios and galleries for local artists’ open houses. Discover hidden treasures at outdoor fairs and markets.
Our Season of Blossoms promotion features lodging and dining specials throughout the spring. Browse lodging packages that feature a one or two-night stay, a meal for two, spring activity, and a $25 Door County gift card. Start planning your trip today with our itinerary builder>>
We’ve put together a great Blossoms Report to help you know what’s blooming and when so you know what to look for. You’ll also want to check out our online guide to find the best of spring in Door County, and download our printable Guide to Spring with a checklist of blossoms to find and identify, information on preserves and parks, and helpful tips on enjoying spring in the outdoors.
Oh, and don’t forget our Cherry Blossoms Report, which will keep you up on the stages of our most famous crop.
For a full list of events, click here. If you love blossoms you’ll love this time of year in Door County. Come explore the spectacular colors and sweet aromas of spring in our picturesque county!
5 Great Ways to Enjoy Door County’s Season of Blossoms
- Sit on the shoreline. Before the harbors fill and the beaches grow busy, spring presents a special opportunity to admire the county’s most beautiful spots when you can have them to yourself, hearing only the wind in the trees and the lake rolling gently to the shore.
- Run in the park. If you love to run, do yourself a favor and plan to hit one of the trails of Newport, Potawatomi, or Peninsula State Park in early to mid-May. Weave through the woods as the forest bed comes alive with blossoms and the trees explode into green.
- Find a guide. Check the events calendar for guided hikes at The Ridges Sanctuary, Crossroads at Big Creek, The Clearing, or the state parks. You’ll be escorted to special views with experts who know the history of the locations and the blossoms you’re enjoying. The Door County Festival of Nature is a great time to find dozens of educational opportunities.
- Trolley Time! The Door County Trolley offers great spring trolley tours all over the peninsula where you can hop between great restaurants, local wineries and breweries, and meet new like-minded friends as your driver shows you the way.
- Your own soundtrack. Take a long drive up and down the rural countryside of the county, turn up your favorite music, and enjoy. You’ll see row after row of apple and cherry trees, wildflowers taking over fields, and gardens beginning to sprout.