State Parks Trivia
It may only be March, but spring is headed to Door County in the coming weeks.
That means the prime months for spending time outdoors and exploring Door County are right around the corner, and there are no better places to start than our five glorious state parks.
As you ready your heart, mind, and hiking boots for spring, now’s the perfect time to start planning your outdoor adventures, brushing up on local parks knowledge, and forming your state parks gameplan.
Get to Know the State Parks
No matter which park you pick, be sure to bring the essentials: water, healthy snacks, an itinerary, a map, sun protection, your Wisconsin State Parks Pass, and your knowledge of Leave No Trace principles.
- Peninsula State Park: This park is one of the state’s most famous and has endless outdoor fun for families—from kayaking and boating off Nicolet Beach and driving the iconic Skyline Road to hiking, biking, fishing, golfing, theatrical performances, lighthouse tours, water sports, and picnicking.
- Whitefish Dunes State Park: The Dunes are a go-to spot for hiking, fishing, beachgoing, and exploring sand dunes. The park has unique geological features, caves, wildlife, and plantlife thanks to its proximity to Lake Michigan.
- Potawatomi State Park: This park is a quieter, less-traveled state park with biking, hiking, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling trails as well as historical attractions like a replica Native American village.
- Rock Island State Park: An island getaway requiring two ferry rides to reach, Rock Island features remote hiking trails, dock and boat launches, an Icelandic boathouse, lighthouse tours, and peaceful hike-in campsites.
- Newport State Park: Tucked away in the peninsula’s northeast corner, this wilderness park is remote, rustic, and less-visited, so peace and quiet is all but guaranteed on the hiking trails, biking trails, forested campsites, and beaches.
Test Your State Parks Trivia
Get excited for spring in the state parks with seven trivia questions designed to test your local knowledge. After you submit your response, scroll to the top of this page to view trivia answers. You can also take this quiz in a new tab/window if you prefer.