10 Things to Put on
Your Winter Bucket List
10 Things to Put on Your Winter Bucket List
- Skate the Rinks. Skate under the stars or after a cozy cup of coffee on the weekend at an ice skating rink. There are small rinks at the Town Park in Ellison Bay and in Jacksonport. If you’re feeling sporty, the rink at Memorial Field in Sturgeon Bay has both skate and hockey areas as well as concessions. And if you need to rent some gear, head to the Theresa Hilander Community Ice Rink in Sister Bay.
- Hit the Hills. Take your kids sledding or act like a kid again yourself. Fish Creek’s large hill is complete with a tow rope and is located in Peninsula State Park. For smaller slopes, head to the Potawatomi State Park in Southern Door/Sturgeon Bay.
- Loosen Up. Winter is the perfect time to unwind in a spa. Get pampered with facials or massages at The Clipper’s Mate Hair Designs, Lavender Spa, Saguaro Day Spa, The Spa at Sacred Grounds or Spa Verde – Green Salon & Spa.
- Cast a Line. With over 300 miles of shoreline, it’s no wonder why fishing is a popular year-round pastime in Door County. If this is your first time heading out on the ice, consider using a guide to show you the ropes. Click here for a full list of guides and charters and be sure to book your tour in advance.
- Get Indoors.On those days when the winter weather isn’t so wonderful, there’s no reason to be bored at home. Experience some art and culture by making some personalized artwork or taking in a performance. For day or night fun, see some of the hip and unique indoor venues around the county.
- Cook Up Some Comforts. Get ready to host your own dinner parties with some classes at Savory Spoon Cooking School. Take group or private classes in their charming 1877 historic school house in Ellison Bay. Or learn some new culinary skills with classes taught through Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in Sturgeon Bay.
- Have a drink. Get out of the cold and sip on some delicious local flavors. Our wineries, breweries, distilleries and cider house craft local ingredients into some unique spirits. Sit back with friends or learn a thing or two on a tour of their processes. Click here for a full list of locations.
- Go for a Carriage Ride. Gather your loved one or family members for a cozy horse-drawn carriage ride through a winter wonderland. Mayberry’s Carriages offers tours in Ephraim and Fish Creek where you can discover the beauty and history of the communities.
- Take in a Tour. Whether you’re looking to explore a museum, ride around on a trolley, or even tour cheese factory, Door County is the perfect place to explore. With indoor and outdoor tours available, there’s no reason to stay in during the winter months. See our full list of tours here and be sure to call for reservations and availability.
- See the Great Outdoors. Visitors flock to Door County every winter to see the breathtaking sites our snowshoe and cross-country ski trails have to offer. Miles of groomed trails await you. Don’t have your own gear? You can pick some up or rent some when you’re here. Don’t forget to check the Door County Snow Report & Trail Conditions before you head out.