Certified Tourism Ambassador Program
Door County Certified Tourism Ambassador Program (CTA)
The Door County Certified Tourism Ambassador Program is a multi faceted program that serves to increase regional tourism by inspiring front-line employees and volunteers to turn each visitor encounter into a positive experience. This National, Professional program demonstrates our dedication to promoting our destination as the best, with a high level of commitment to our visitors.
In order to become a Door County Certified Tourism Ambassador, an individual must complete the required pre-class reading, attend a half day classroom session (either morning or afternoon) and complete an open book examination. Upon successful completion, the participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
By becoming a Door County Certified Tourism Ambassador, you'll have the tools and knowledge necessary to create a more memorable visitor experience and being a CTA does not come without its benefits. Such benefits include:
- Freebies and Discounts from generous businesses throughout Door County (nearly $500 worth in 2015)
- A Potential for increased business and/or higher tips
- Builds valuable, lifelong skills
- Provides you with an opportunity to advance your career
- Provides many networking opportunities
- Opportunities for rewards and incentives locally & national
The curriculum is delivered through pre-reading and in-class participation.
Module 1: The Power of Tourism
Module 2: Discovering our Area
Module 3: Knowing, Finding and Using Resources
Module 4: Exceeding Customer Expectations