Articles x Stories
Please log In to view your favorite articles.
John Miles Park is located on approximately sixty acres of land at 812 N 14th Avenue in the City of Sturgeon Bay. Soccer fields, picnic area, playground, parking and restrooms facilities are available, and the pavilion, grandstand and building rentals are used for special events. Stock car races are held here on Saturday evenings from May through September, and the County Fair is held on the grounds in early August (thus the Park was formerly known as County Fairgrounds Park).
Categories: Attraction, Parks
RULES FOR ALL DOOR COUNTY PARKS
1. Parks are open ½ hour before sunrise to 11 PM.
2. Use of a County Boat Launch site after hours for the sole purpose of water access is permitted.
3. Vehicles must park in designated areas only.
4. Camping and overnight parking are prohibited.
5. Vehicle speed limit is 25 MPH on park roads.
6. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
7. No lifeguard on duty – Swim at your own risk.
8. Glass containers not allowed in parks.
9. Use snowmobiles on marked trails only.
10. Most wild animals and plants are protected.
11. Use of firearms is prohibited except as noted below.
12. Deer hunting is permitted after November 15th in certain parks. A permission slip is required and can be obtained from the Parks Department (920) 746-9959.
I:170 W:24 S:0 R:0
Sign up for Door County's monthly newsletter and receive vacation itineraries, travel tips and ideas, event announcements, and exclusive giveaways in your inbox.